Sunday, December 5, 2010
Living in Fear
I just finished up another day at the workplace. When we are done with this canal it will change the way we travel to the pacific forever. The French left us hanging and I was scared that all the hard work put in this project would be wasted but luckily the United States stepped in to finish it. Just wait the French will be sorry. Everyday I am out working on the canal, I fear for my life. For one many men have died from diseases, such as yellow fever and malaria. Also many other men have died from mudslides and suffocation from different gases. I sometimes think to myself if all this grueling manual labor is worth it. I have witnessed many friends make their way into the next world and I think of how easily that could have been myself. But I shall stick it out with the hopes I can finish this and help change the history books. So now I will go to sleep hoping for the best and another day to live.