If I were ever in a situation like the one given, I would use any torture method necessary to get this high priority information from these people. I mean cause when does asking politely ever work? Although I would rather begin with torture methods that mess with you psychologically, if that doesn't work you gotta do what you gotta. In wartime things like this is not unusual so doing it would not be out of the question, and it's not like the other side isn't doing the same, so I find no problem using the same methods. Of course it is not something right to do when you are harming another human being, but if there is a suspected bomb factory needed to be found, you are saving many more innocent lives that you are hurting.
The repercussions of this could be, you may not get the needed information out of the detainee. Although in most situations torture gets needed information quick, sometimes it just gives the detainee more reason not to say anything. If any severe harm is reported, then our government can get into trouble and it can create extra problems with our ally. But other than that I see no real problems with this method. Yes torturing is kinda drastic, but sometimes in order to finish first, you have to take off the gloves and say "no more Mr. Nice Guy."