Monday, January 3, 2011

Declaration of War

   The tone of the United States Declaration of War seemed urgent. The words that really revealed this tone were "government", "right", "imperial", and "German". This concrete diction showed the urgency and need for us Americans to join the war. To our protect our rights and to stop the imperial government of the Germans. I feel this tone was necessary in order to get the American people on the government's side and agree to join this war that really has nothing to do with us. The German's response on the other hand is much different. One of the most repeated words was "American Peace". I feel like the German's did not wish to go to war with us, I mean who can blame them? They would have rathered created peace with us, but of course we had to join a war especially one named the Great War.