Friday, May 27, 2011

Vietnam Questions

I interviewed my father who was around the age of ten during the conflict and the following are the questions and his answers

1. When it was going on, were you for or against sending soldiers into Vietnam?
Response: I was against it
2. Which speciific event do you remember most vividly?
Response: The draft for sure. I remember hearing news about students ripping their draft cards which confused me at the time
3. In what ways did the war affect you?
Response: I had close family members enter the war. My close cousin enlisted in the Navy near the end of the war.
4. Looking back now on the war what do you think about it?
Response: I feel that the war was a waste of money and man power that could have been put to better use
5. Do you feel the media and pop culture changed your viewpoint on the war?
Response: Yes mostly because that is where my information about the war came from, which tended to be anti-war. In school we were not educated on the war